I was totally shocked to learn that i won the Darkglobe readers choice awards with my story Parallel Worlds.
I was pitted against so many talented writers i just cannot believe it.
Maybe it was the type of story, it was SI-FI, so it gives me heart to have a try at writing another story.
In case you missed my story you can read it here.
I would like to thank all those who voted for me and to everyone who have given me support, since i started to write poetry and now stories.
You can read the full results on the Darkglobe blog.
Voting ends in the Darkglobe writing contest in two days time, if you have not already voted, why don’t you go along and place your votes.
You are allowed to use up to 3 votes.
The submission for my story is number 4.
If you are interested just click the link below to be redirected to the voting.
IT’S READER’S CHOICE VOTING TIME AGAIN
IN THE DARKGLOBE WRITING CONTEST.
PLEASE GO TO THIS LINK BELOW TO VOTE.
Readers Choice Awards
This my first time to write a story, and my submission is number 4.
My story is below and if you like it, please go along and vote.
You can vote for up to three stories.
You need to have a website in order to vote.
Let The Games Begin! The Dark Globe Create A World Writing Contest Has Officially Begun!!
Please click the link at the bottom of this post.
The Time Has Come!! Writers To Your Pens!!!
Time for The Official Rules Etc.
The Official Rules;
1) Writers are Allowed 1,200 Words to Write a Short Story, or Part of a Story.
2) There Are 7 Judges, None of which will be Partaking in the Contest
3) The Contest Begins Today, April 1st, 2012, and goes through April 14th, 2012, Midnight U.S. PST Time.
4) The 7 Judges Shall Read and Rate Each Piece 1-10, and Return Their Ratings to me between April 15th, and April 22nd, 2012. At which Point I shall Add up Their Points, and Determine The Winners.
5) The Winners will be Announced Monday, April 23rd, 2012.
6) Story May Be Something You’ve Written Prior to April 1st, 2012.
Please go to this link The Dark Globe Writing Contest to read all the rules.
14 Days Until Liftoff!!
Please go to this link to read the complete post by darkjade68
18 Days Until The Dark Globe Create a World Writing Contest!
I just wanted to give you all a bit of Info. on The Up and Coming Dark Globe Create A World Writing Contest.
The Rules; (These Will Be Updated and Given out on April 1st As Well)
1) The Writers will be Allowed 1,200 Words to Write a Short Story, or Part of a Story.
2) There Will Be 9 Judges which I am in the Midst of Gathering (None of the Judges will be Partaking in the Contest)
3) The Contest Begins April 1st, 2012, and goes through April 14th, 2012, Midnight U.S. PST Time.
A Writing Contest In
Writers… You Will Be Given up to 1,200 Words To Take Us Away…
To a World Of Your Making…
The Dark Globe “Create A World Writing Contest”
COMING IN APRIL
So get the thinking caps on and create a short story to enter.
My challenge:- I like writing.
I like writing now because i never ever had it to do before. My wife wrote all the letters, cards, etc; if there was a letter of complaint i would sketch it out and she would write it.
I seen it as a waste of my time, ” why do i want to write ” when i could be doing something really useful.
All through my life i communicated verbally, albeit in work, church, social or sports clubs.
As foreman or chargehand i told the men under me what to do, they got on with it and i left them to it, only checking once a day or so to see if they and the work was alright.