There are only nine questions. This is a quiz for people who know everything!
I found out in a hurry that I didn’t. These are no trick questions.
They are straight questions with straight answers..
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn’t been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ‘dw’ and they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter ‘S.’
Try to answer before you go to the answers below.
Posted in miscellaneous, tests to try out
Tagged brain teaser, brain test, contest, lateral thinking test, small intelligence test, take a test, test, test questions, test quiz, test teaser, test your brain, Test your knowledge, test your lateral thinking, test your mind, tests to try
1) Some months have 30 days, some have 31. How many months have 28 days?
2) In the USA a man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it?
3) If you had only one match and entered a room in which there was a kerosene lamp, an oil heater, and a wood-burning stove, which would you light first?
4) There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What color is the bear?
5) Is half of two plus two equal to two or three?6) Do they have a 4th of July in England?
7) How many animals of each species did Moses take aboard the Ark with him?
8) How far can a dog run into the woods?
9) What is the significance of the following in the USA: The year is 1978, thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th.
10) Is it legal in California for a man to marry his widow’s sister?
11) If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the center field?
12) What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move?
13) I have in my hand only 2 US coins which total 55 cents in value. One is not a nickel. What are the coins?
14) A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many did he have left?
15. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add ten. What is the answer?
Test Your Brain This is really cool.
ALZHEIMER’S EYE TEST
Count every “F” in the following text:
Colgate has created a very ingenious advertising campaign to promote their dental floss and promote cleaner teeth, but before I explain to you the main detail of these images, I will let you appreciate them quietly.
THEY WERE A VERY POOR FAMILY AND THE MOTHER HAD DIED BUT MARY’S FATHER HAS FIVE DAUGHTERS:
1. NANA, 2. NENE, 3. NINI, 4. NONO, AND ?
2. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE FIFTH DAUGHTER?
Remember, to get the right answer you have to be an American.
the Pre-school test.
You thought you might be dumber than the fifth graders…but now it could be you are dumber than the preschoolers.
A PRE-SCHOOL TEST FOR YOU.