There are only nine questions. This is a quiz for people who know everything!
I found out in a hurry that I didn’t. These are no trick questions.
They are straight questions with straight answers..
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn’t been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ‘dw’ and they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter ‘S.’
Try to answer before you go to the answers below.
Posted in miscellaneous, tests to try out
Tagged brain teaser, brain test, contest, lateral thinking test, small intelligence test, take a test, test, test questions, test quiz, test teaser, test your brain, Test your knowledge, test your lateral thinking, test your mind, tests to try
Let The Games Begin! The Dark Globe Create A World Writing Contest Has Officially Begun!!
Please click the link at the bottom of this post.
The Time Has Come!! Writers To Your Pens!!!
Time for The Official Rules Etc.
The Official Rules;
1) Writers are Allowed 1,200 Words to Write a Short Story, or Part of a Story.
2) There Are 7 Judges, None of which will be Partaking in the Contest
3) The Contest Begins Today, April 1st, 2012, and goes through April 14th, 2012, Midnight U.S. PST Time.
4) The 7 Judges Shall Read and Rate Each Piece 1-10, and Return Their Ratings to me between April 15th, and April 22nd, 2012. At which Point I shall Add up Their Points, and Determine The Winners.
5) The Winners will be Announced Monday, April 23rd, 2012.
6) Story May Be Something You’ve Written Prior to April 1st, 2012.
Please go to this link The Dark Globe Writing Contest to read all the rules.
14 Days Until Liftoff!!
Please go to this link to read the complete post by darkjade68
18 Days Until The Dark Globe Create a World Writing Contest!
I just wanted to give you all a bit of Info. on The Up and Coming Dark Globe Create A World Writing Contest.
The Rules; (These Will Be Updated and Given out on April 1st As Well)
1) The Writers will be Allowed 1,200 Words to Write a Short Story, or Part of a Story.
2) There Will Be 9 Judges which I am in the Midst of Gathering (None of the Judges will be Partaking in the Contest)
3) The Contest Begins April 1st, 2012, and goes through April 14th, 2012, Midnight U.S. PST Time.
A Writing Contest In
Writers… You Will Be Given up to 1,200 Words To Take Us Away…
To a World Of Your Making…
The Dark Globe “Create A World Writing Contest”
COMING IN APRIL
So get the thinking caps on and create a short story to enter.
Darkjade from the Dark Globe, has just Tagged” one of My Posts Here on my blog along with 10 others that were being tagged. It’s a game of tag that is doing the rounds so lets get on with it.
Here are The Rules.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!