- Poetry challenge: Christmas poem.
- Poetry: Acrostic poem
- America’s election 2016
- Help me win! Please!
- The path
- Darkness: Poem.
- The worlds longest snake
- The path
- Summer weather, what summer, poem.
- Road signs story.
- Mohammad Ali poem: Haiku
- Illegal immigrants giving trouble in Germany.
- Funny video about a car, amazing.
- Stop all annoying ads on your browser.
- funny photos for you.
Posts people like
- All about people (20)
- America (29)
- Aunty Acid (3)
- awards (22)
- britain (59)
- climate change (1)
- computer downloads (11)
- Crime (43)
- earth and space (12)
- game's (3)
- health (23)
- humor (119)
- jokes (79)
- miscellaneous (71)
- money matters (8)
- music (12)
- Northern Ireland (12)
- Oscar Pistorius (2)
- paedophile priest reports (5)
- photos (96)
- poetry (69)
- political matters (32)
- Puns (2)
- recycling (2)
- religion (10)
- Short stories (4)
- tests to try out (14)
- videos (33)
- world affairs (28)
- writing (31)
Tag Archives: blogger awards
I have received yet another four awards from four great blogs, so i would like to thank all the people who sent them to me.
I think it shows me how people like my blog and the posts that i make, so here’s to many,many more of the same.
The first one is the ABC award which i got from Jen at the Jenchay blog.
A few days ago i recieved another award, this time it is from Lynda.Renham , she is a published writer, likes taking photos and enjoys her blogging, and i would like to thank her very much for it.
The ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ is for Blogs that make you feel good after you have visited.
Me, my blog, what a lovely thing to say about it, makes me feel better already.
But my problem now is i enjoy so many of the blogs i’m linked to, its going to be hard to pick five out from them all.
I know a few bloggers who do not like or do not want awards, so thats them ruled out, making it a bit easier for me, and a few others already have this award, so its getting fewer to choose from.
dark globes Blogger of the Year Award
To my great surprise i’m one of three winners of the Blogger of the year award, i knew i was doing well but not that well.
I was up against two great adversaries who are great writers and have marvelous blogs.
Apparently the voting was so tight for ten days that Darkjade felt it only right to pass out three awards in this section.
I would like to thank all the people who voted for me all through the process.
This is a new award that Darkjade started this year and i think it has been a big success that should be repeated next year.
So Lorna, Pete and Myself are Darkjade bloggers of the year for 2011, we can rest in the knowledge that we are the first to hold that title.
Two other winners were:-
Photographer of the Year La Plume Noir
Writer of the Year Michael Cargill.
Thank you all once again and have a great 2012.
Since i recieved my first Versatile Bloggers Award from Hocam , i have also received the award from Lornas voice , momfog , Chronicals of Illusions , sons o thunder , mature student hanging in there and
Words from my soul
At the same time i recieved both the Liebster and the Rebekah Loper Awards from Chronicals of Illusions
And i would like to thank everyone concerned very much for the awards and thinking my blog is worthy, it makes me feel that its worth while.
Thats my acceptance speech over and done with.
It can only go downhill from here 🙂
Now i have to tell everyone seven things about me.
1. I stopped working full-time at my trade, a heating engineer, 10 years ago i just got fed up with it and working.
2. Worked part-time at d.i.y. for people, started and finished when i wanted, never before 10 a.m.
3. 20 years ago i worked for an undertaker for 3 years, handling the dead from start to finish, and i must say i enjoyed my time there and we had some laughs, even at a few funerals.
4. I love being grumpy and straight the point, i believe if you have something to say, say it. If people don’t like it sobeit.
5. I also like practical jokes, our best friends got new expensive cases for a trip. While they were away i made up a letter from the case supplier inviting them to a hotel for a reception with others who bought the cases, and a prize of another set. They went because they told us about it and it was very hard to keep a straight face. They never found out it was me.
6. I have been married to my wife Gwen for 45 happy years, we know each other from the age of 17, we are each others best friend.
7. I like to have a beer or brandy or both when with friends or out to dinner, but i don’t like to drink in the house, i think it’s because my father never did. I might have a beer on a steaming hot day but we have not had any for years.